Tuesday, February 21, 2006

It's been forever......

...since I last posted here. I've been busy.

Ed and I have been finishing the media room. I bought new doors for the closet but I haven't hung them. We pulled up the carpet and the padding, as well as removed all the staples and crap from underneath it. The floors in that room aren't in very good shape, but they're red oak none the less...... so we pulled up the dark green crap from the living room for 'transplanting' into the media room.

The floors in the living room are resurrectable and we've gotten bids at $3.50 per square foot to have them redone by a pro. Looks like a plan.

Anyway, we're going to put the dark green carpet down in the media room this weekend, hang and paint the doors, trim the screen, and refinish all of the trimwork that needs touchup. I wanna get that room DONE so we can move forward.

Ed has a plan to do the guest bedroom next. I can't say I blame him, but I need to finish the ceiling project in the sun room and get the walls in the living room painted. The painting projects are jobs Ed can do. We just need to concentrate on getting our paint coverage more even.

So, it looks like we'll be moving back into the "future bathroom" instead of being in the "guest bedroom".

After we get the living room, the guest bedroom, and the media room finished, we can start hanging enough of our artwork to clear out the downstairs bedroom. Then we can live down there and finish the upstairs.

Oh, we also moved the hot tub on Sunday so it's closer to the deck. Now I have to build a short walkway from the deck to the tub. Yippee!

Pictures will follow soon.

No comments: