Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!

A bazillion inches of rain have fallen this week. We're something like 5 inches above the norm for January. Yeah, +5" in a single month!

We've found the source of the wet spot in the downstairs office. It's the fireplace. Someday when it stops raining, I'll put a tile on the opening to the kitchen fireplace since this seems to be the source. Unfortunately, a steel roof and incessant rain make it impossible to go up on the roof.

I've also discovered that the seal for the bed light at the back of my truck's cab leaks like a sieve. I'll probably spend part of tomorrow with a hair dryer inside the truck so the carpet won't get mildewy. Obviously I have to fix the leak.

The pilot light went out in the water heater overnight. This is the second time this has happened since we moved in. I have to get that thing moved and properly vented this weekend. Yippee.

We planted herbs by the front door last weekend..... Ed checked to see if we had shoots yet. Horticulture isn't his thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it has been rather rainy. Hope the herbs turn out okay.